Flights are often the most expensive part of your trip and find a cheap ticket can always take a lot of time and patience, but a careful research through the web can help to get excellent opportunities.
1) First of all it’s not cheaper to fly on Tuesday and there is no evidence that using an incognito tab leads you to cheaper deals and there is no a specific date in which to book your air ticket. After booking many flights to Asia, America, Africa and Europe we can confirm that.
2) Personally we have figured out that the most important thing is to be flexible on the date and time you are flying. Airline ticket prices vary depending on the day of the week, time of year like peak season and upcoming festivities. An example, if you want to visit Italy the best choice is spring or fall when fewer people visit and airfares are cheaper than summer.
3) If you can’t be flexible with your dates, you might be flexible with your destination. Could be better do both, but at least , choose one of these two options, it will help you to save a lot of money. Nowadays there are a lot of flight search engines that make very easy your cheapest tickets research.
4) It’s always cheaper to fly during the week (but that doesn’t mean Tuesday is the best day to fly!) than on a weekend because most people travel on the weekends and airlines hike their prices. Usually early-morning or late-night flights are cheaper because fewer people want to travel them.
5) Avoiding the high season or major holiday helps you as well to save money on flight prices.
6) if you have to book a long distance flight, it’s often cheaper don’t fly direct. You can fly with the same company with a stopover in the main hub or flight to a different city and take a budget airline to reach your destination. An example, it’s cheaper to fly from Rome to Doha or Dubai and then fly to Bangkok than to fly direct to Bangkok. It means more flying time, but if you can save a lot of money it’s worth it.
7) Fly with budget Airlines. For example Norwegian airline always offers great deals between Europe and United States and Asia. Low cost companies like Easy Jest, Ryanair, Vueling (and many others) offer very good deals to fly around Europe as well as AirAsia offers crazy-cheap deals around Asia and Australia.
8) Last but not least, if you can, try to book your ticket earlier because the best booking window is 6–8 weeks before your flight, or around three months before if you are going to your destination during peak season. However, it is very useful to subscribe the airlines newsletter so that you are always aware of discounts and deals.
Flight Search Engines
There are many flight search engines on the web that can help you to find the cheapest flight/airline. First of all you should always to check a second flight search engine and compare the fares. It’s also a good thing to go to the airline webpage itself to check if it is the same price there. Sometimes it’s cheaper on the airline page and sometimes it’s cheaper via a search engine as you can get some booking discounts.
We always use the search engines below for finding our flights:
SKYSCANNER: Very useful for finding the cheapest flight tickets but also very good even if you are still undecided about your destination: Skyscanner can help you, just put your departure destination and let you be inspired by Skyscanner ideas!
12GO.ASIA: The best choice if you are going to travel to Asia. It is a great booking system for flight, buses, trains, ferries, transfers with the widest coverage in Southeast Asia.
MOMONDO: It is another of our favorite search engine where you can find very good deals since they search the small booking sites no one else does. Their calendar is very useful because it lets you see which days are cheapest to fly.
TRIP.COM: It is a very good network, above all if you have to travel to Asia. Part of the Ctrip Group it has more than 1.2 million hotels in 200 countries, while flight network has over 2 million individual flight routes connecting more than 5,000 cities around the globe. Up to 50% off on flights to Asia!