Our tips for booking a flight
Flights are often the most expensive part of your trip, and finding a cheap ticket can always take a lot of time and patience, but careful research through the web can help you get excellent opportunities.
Let’s see how to find a good deal
1. First of all, it’s not cheaper to fly on Tuesday, and no evidence using an incognito tab leads you to more affordable deals, and there is no specific date on which to book your air ticket. After booking many flights to Asia, America, Africa and Europe we can confirm that.
2. We have figured out that the most important thing is to be flexible on the date and time you are flying. Airline ticket prices vary depending on the day of the week, and time of year, like peak season and upcoming festivities. For example, if you want to visit Italy, the best choice is spring or fall when fewer people visit, and airfares are cheaper than in summer.
3. If you can’t be flexible with your dates, you might be flexible with your destination. It could be better to do both, but at least choose one of these two options; it will help you save money. Nowadays, there are a lot of flight search engines that make it very easy for your cheapest tickets research.
4. It’s always less expensive to fly during the week (but that doesn’t mean Tuesday is the best day to fly!) than on a weekend because most people travel on the weekends and airlines hike their prices. Usually, early-morning or late-night flights are cheaper because fewer people want to fly them.
5. Avoiding the high season or significant holidays helps you save money on flight prices.
6. If you have to book a long-distance flight, it’s often cheaper, don’t fly direct. You can fly with a different company and do a stopover in its central hub or fly to a different city and take a budget airline to reach your destination. An example, it’s cheaper for us to fly from Rome to Doha or Dubai and then fly to Bangkok than to fly direct to Bangkok. It means you have to fly for more hours, but it’s worth it if you can save a lot of money.
7. Fly with budget Airlines. For example, Norwegian airline always offers excellent deals between Europe and the United States and Asia. Low-cost companies like Easy Jet, Ryanair, Vueling (and many others) provide unique deals to fly around Europe, so AirAsia offers crazy-cheap deals around Asia and Australia.
8. Last but not least, if you can, try to book your ticket earlier because the best booking window is 6–8 weeks before your flight, or around three months before if you are going to your destination during peak season. However, it is handy to subscribe to the airlines’ newsletter to know discounts and deals.
Flight Search Engines
Many flight search engines on the web can help you find the cheapest flight/airline. First of all, you should always check another flight search engine and compare the fares. It’s also a good thing to go to the airline webpage itself to check if it is the same price there. Sometimes it’s cheaper on the airline page, and sometimes it’s less expensive via a search engine as you can get some booking discounts.
We always use the search engines below for finding our flights:
SKYSCANNER: It is handy for finding the cheapest flight tickets and very good even if you are still undecided about your destination. Skyscanner can help you, just put your departure destination and let Skyscanner’s ideas inspire you!
12GO.ASIA: The best choice if you are going to travel to Asia. It is a great booking system for flights, buses, trains, ferries, and transfers with the broadest coverage in Southeast Asia.
MOMONDO: It is another of our favourite search engines where you can find perfect deals since they search the small booking sites no one else does. Their calendar is handy because it lets you see which days are the cheapest to fly.
TRIP.COM: It is a comprehensive network if you have to travel to Asia. Part of the Ctrip Group has more than 1.2 million hotels in 200 countries, while the flight network has over 2 million individual flight routes connecting more than 5,000 cities worldwide.